Sunday, September 21, 2014

My lover, my partner, my man


Eyes fluttered open
while I wrapped sheets around me
once more inhaling last nights scent of

my lover, my partner, my man

Looking out to the garden I smiled at
the early morning memories of silken strands
woven through branches glistening in sunbeams,
while frogs slowly appeared at waters edge
to take their place on the warming stones.
McChippie quietly scurried back and forth
his cheeks stuffed with ripened apples,
unafraid of us sitting and chuckling at his bravado.
Birdsong greeted us; geese flying overhead
were met with “go back! It's too soon”
as nuthatches and finches added to the chorus.
We eased into the day with steaming mugs,
smiling faces and bliss in our souls
my lover, my partner, my man and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. I know you've popped by :)